Tasman Street in Enmore was not built. It appears on an 1871 subdivision map (no N6/217 at Mitchell Library) approximately where Pemell Street is now. The estate was (I understand) still owned by the Innes family and rented to the Pemell family members at this time. The name refers to brother-in law Thomas Reibey III who was Archdeacon of Launceston and Premier of Tasmania in 1876-77.
Thomas Street was formed after 1880 near the station in Camden but is now not much more than a car park entry. The origin of the name is not known; there at least twenty Thomases mentioned in Council’s Minutes but none of those are a surname (could there be a link to St Thomas’ Catholic Church which predates the nearer St Joseph’s?).
Thurnby Lane was situated in 1939 between Phillip and Wilford Streets in Enmore. It was named for the house which Thomas Chaplin Breillat purchased for £4,900 on 5 June 1854 and which was home to Judge Foster from 1873 to 1894 (see Chaplin Street) until illness took him to the Blue Mountains in the 1890s. He was an active Puritan Temperant known as ‘water-jug Foster’ in Parliament, lost his seat in 1883 and was Attorney-General under Parkes.
Toogood Street in Erskineville is now Rochford Street; William Toogood was related to the Kemp family, his estates was put up for sale in 1880 and 1884.
Tooth’s Lane has not been located; Robert Tooth was a brewer and one of the directors of the Camperdown Cemetery Company.
Trafalgar Terrace in Enmore was mentioned in November 1863. We cannot be sure if it was a row of houses like Horbury Terrace on the other side of the rail line or an actual street linking Liberty Street and the railway station. Thomas Breillat donated the land in March 1866, it was named as Trafalgar Terrace in December 1866 and renamed as Trafalgar Street after 1880.
Trafalgar-Beford st Subway – in 1967 (ArchivePix) and 2007 (Rodgers)
Trade Street in Kingston is first mentioned in 1874, and the words ‘Trade Street’s new part’ in the minutes of 18 January 1887 and October 1888 suggest it was extended.
Tufts Lane off Australia Street in Kingston is first mentioned in 1879; Mr. Tufts operated a hotel between Hordern and O’Connell Streets from the 1850s and negotiated with the Council over his property in Australia Street in the 1870s.
Turtle Lane, located near Young Lane and Land’s Lane in Kingston, was given this name in 1878. Members of the Turtle family were resident here from the 1860s, Mr. Turtle’s shop in Albermarle Street is mentioned on 10th May 1887 and 18th June 1889; Charles Henry Turtle Turtle was an Alderman in the 1910s.