Park Lane was formed in O’Connell within the George Brock estate (its date to be sought as the park was gazetted in 1910s).
Pearl Street was part of the Enmore subdivision sold off by the Josephsons in the mid-1870s but Pearl is unknown; a Mr H. N. Pearl signed the 1859 municipal petition.
Pemell Street in Enmore was formed when the Stanmore House Estate was subdivided in November 1899. Mary Reibey built the house in the late 1840s and members of the Pemell family rented or owned it from 1864 to 1916. James Pemell 1816-1906 was MLA for East Sydney in 1859-1860; he owned the Victoria Flour Mill in Sussex Street in the 1870s which made ‘superfine silk-dressed flour, wheat meal and kiln-dried corn flour’. His name and the date 1893 can still be seen on his later mill building on the corner of Ultimo Road and Thomas Street in Haymarket. A certain John W. Pemell was a Wesleyan missionary on the goldfields (but we do not know if he is linked to the Newtown family).
Phillip Street in Enmore was formed in 1878 and named for accountant Henry Phillips. Phillips worked for the Australian Joint Stock Bank, with which Council banked from 1863 to 1886, and which opened a branch on the corner of Enmore and Metropolitan Road in 1878. He owned the Ashley (or Ashleigh) estate here from the late 1850s, was Trustee of the Congregational School in 1862 and Auditor to Council in 1863-64 and 1867. He complained to Council in May and July 1877 of London Street being an ‘open sewer’ due to raising of the London Street footpath, and of the ‘depredations in his paddock by cattle’.
Pierce Street is a short street without houses at the western extremity of Kingston between Bedford and Trade Streets. It was named in May 1884 for Charles Pierce, an alderman at the time.
Pikes Lane is located between Campbell and Kent Lane in Enmore.
Pine Street is part of the Pines Estate subdivision which was offered in 1887; subdivision map no N6/212 at the Mitchell Library has a sketch of the house surrounded by giant Norfolk Island Pine trees. It is said that the number of Norfolk Island Pines made Felix Wilson’s property a landmark in the area.
Prince Street in Camden was formed in 1886; an 1859 map of the area indicates that a Princess Street was proposed to be built around here.
Princes Highway is the current name for the section of the Cooks River Road south of Lord Street. It was declared in 1927 when the road was widened on its east side. Edward, Prince of Wales (later Edward VIII) was visiting Australia at that time.
Probert Street in Kingston Ward was formed prior to 1863 and was previously known as Regent Street. Thomas Probert was an Alderman (and sometime Mayor) of Camperdown between 1894 and 1908.
Prospect Street in O’Connell was part of the 1845 subdivision of Governor William Bligh’s 1806 210-acre Camperdown Estate grant. ‘Prospect House’ and ‘Prospect Cottage’ were located here and doubtlessly had a view or ‘prospect’ over surrounding areas. Robert Pemberton Richardson (1827-1900), his wife Isabella and their nine children were residents at ‘Prospect Cottage’ in the 1860s. He arrived in 1850 and, as agent for the company Richardson & Wrench, had dealings with Newtown Council.