Council Chambers 9th December 1873.
Present the Mayor and Alderman Henderson, Goodsell, Cozens, Conley, Smith and Bedford.
The minutes of previous meeting were read and confirmed on the motion of Alderman Conley and Henderson.
1. Letter from the Council of McDonald Town asking the co-operation of this Council to apply to the Government to have McDonald Street continued from its present termination through the Waterloo Estate to the Mitchell Road. Moved by Alderman Smith, seconded by Alderman Henderson, “that this Council agree to comply with the request contained in the letter”. Carried.
2. From Mr P. Gibson asking the use of a room for a free lecture on American implements and machinery illustrated by models etc.
The Mayor informed the Council that he had granted the use of the Hall for the above purpose on Monday 15th instant.
The Committee for Works brought up a report recommending;
That the Mayor be authorised to make such inquiry as he may deem necessary and if possible make arrangement to carry the drainage from O’Connell Street to Brown Street otherwise than through Mrs Thompson’s property. Moved by Alderman Goodsell, seconded by Alderman Bedford, “that the report be received and adopted”. Carried.
In reply to a question by Alderman Conley the Mayor said that he had instructed the Clerk to collect the building fee of five shillings only when persons built to the building alignment and required to make use of the footpath to place building materials thereon during the erection of such buildings; also on veranda’s erected over the footpaths.
The Mayor informed the Council that the Pound at South Sydney is now closed and considered the Council should take steps to establish a new Pound for the Borough.
Moved by Alderman Smith, seconded by Alderman Henderson, “that the Mayor be authorised to make arrangements for the establishment of a Pound on the Council’s land fronting Wells Street”. Carried.
The Council went into Committee to consider tenders for Kerbing and Guttering a portion of Camden Street.
On Council resuming the Mayor reported that the Committee recommend the acceptance of Mr Selby’s tender at six shillings per yard.
Report adopted on the motion of Aldermen Henderson and Conley.
The Council then rose.
Signed W. Bailey, Mayor.
Council Chambers 23rd December 1873.
Present the Mayor and Aldermen Henderson, Fallick, Galvin, Bedford, Goodsell, Smith and Conley.
The minutes of previous meeting were read and confirmed on the motion of Aldermen Henderson and Conley.
1. Letter from the Colonial Secretary’s office asking for certain statistical information.
Moved by Alderman Henderson, seconded by Alderman Fallick, “that the request be complied with”. Carried.
2. From Mr E. M. Hunt asking the Council to reconsider his offer respecting the formation of a portion of Forbes Street. Moved by Alderman Fallick, seconded by Alderman Henderson, “that the letter be received and referred to the Committee for Works for their report”. Carried.
3. From the Marrickville Council drawing the attention of Council to the drainage of Enmore and Edgeware Roads. Moved by Alderman Conley, seconded by Alderman Bedford, “that the letter be received and referred to the Committee for Works for their report”. Carried.
The Finance Committee brought up a report of accounts paid under votes of appropriation amounting to £101/4/9, and recommending payment of accounts amounting to £73/4/11. Moved by Alderman Henderson, seconded by Alderman Fallick, “that the report be received and adopted “. Carried.
Moved by Alderman Smith, seconded by Alderman Goodsell, “that the Mayor be authorised to purchase an allotment of land on the Bello Retiro estate, for a pound”. Carried.
Signed W. Bailey, Mayor.
Month: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12