Queen Street in Enmore was a temporary renaming of Enmore Road in about 1880, soon after the central section of Cooks River Road had been renamed King Street. It prompted the naming of the hotel at 163 Enmore Road ‘Queen’s’ or ‘Queens Head’ in 1880, and featuring the life-size statue of Victoria in an elaborate parapet.

 

Queen Street in O’Connell was formerly a narrow lane formed in the 1830s called Francis Street. Cabinetmaker Edward Mason Hunt widened it at the same time as subdividing the Mounteagle estate and Mayor Munro renamed it as Queen Street in December 1869.